Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oscar Mayer Weinermobile!

Today Shawn sent me a text with exciting news -- the Weinermobile was in Liberty!
I figured there wouldn't be too many chances to see 
a giant mobile hot dog, so I rushed home from work.  
We loaded Harper up in the car and headed out to locate the giant weiner!
Harper seemed excited to see the giant hot dog, although she had
never eaten a hot dog before.  She even fussed when we left
the weinermobile, but that might have been because she
skipped her nap today.
We were so inspired by the weinermobile, that we decided to have
hot dogs for dinner.  I am generally adamant that no one in my family
will eat a hot dog.  I'm pretty sure they are cancer in a stick form.  
But I decided to give in and let Harper try a hot dog.  
Surely you can't get cancer from one hot dog!
We headed to the grocery store and bought the best Angus hot dogs with no preservatives that I could find. 
 I thought those might be better, especially for the $5 price!
As I was preparing our gourmet  unhealthy meal, 
I checked out the nutritional value of a hot dog.
Would you believe there are 16 fat grams per hot dog??? 
 During the meal, I started experiencing chest pain.  
Harper put two little hot dog bites in her mouth. 
It didn't appear that she liked them much, but she chewed them up anyway.
That was it for her hot dog.  We threw the rest away.
At least I don't have to worry about any more hot dog meals.
We finished our celebration by doing the Hot Dog dance with 
the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters.
What a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment