Monday, August 27, 2012

Learning so many new things!

Harper is loving her new home!  She is becoming quite an active toddler very quickly.  She is nearly always laughing ..... except at bedtime :(  She's been struggling with jet lag (and wanting to play with her new toys) the past few nights and will fight sleep. She will go to sleep around 8pm and sleep until 2am.  She stays awake from 2-4am, and then after some fussing, will go back to sleep until 7am.  She was such a good sleeper when we were in China.  We are hoping to get her back on schedule soon.  We only gave her a 1 hour nap today, and bedtime was much easier tonight.  We are developing a routine of bath, story, bottle, then bedtime and it seems to be helping. 

Here is what everyone is waiting for............. more pictures!  I tried to narrow them down, but she is so darn cute that I can't resist posting them!  This is what we've been up to (in between napping) since leaving China.
First steps at the Detroit airport (after a 15 hour flight and a 
6 hour layover that included a lot of time in immigration)
Finally home and loving the memory foam bed!
Loving my bath fountain from Mommy's friend Alicia!
Playing with my new purse
Having a tea party
Learning to read
Playing with my iPad
Learning how to use my snack cup
My favorite toy is Daddy's iPhone.  There are so many pictures of me on it!

3 comments:

  1. yep.....still loving the updates. Keep those wonderful photos/videos coming. If I were her I wouldn't want to sleep either. I am sure she is totally afraid she's going to miss some new adventure. So happy for all of you, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are still posting!!! I love seeing the updates with pics! Harper is such a beautiful happy little girl! You can tell she loves her family and her family makes her so happy! I want to huggle her so badly ;-) Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see more pictures and to hear she is so happy. I am completely addicted to your blog - I hope you keep updating until she is 18 lol

    ReplyDelete